The Brotherhood of St. Laurence (BSL) Aged Care Social Connections Hubs and Respite Program continues to provide services to ensure older people remain connected during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Banksia Frankston Respite Care Cottage has resumed and continues to operate twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Clients are offered a suite of activities and resources that will enable them to remain socially connected.
Our Social Connection Hubs help you to be healthy, active and enjoy life to the full in a friendly and relaxing environment. Our Social Connections and respite care program locations are:
- Coolibah day centre Fitzroy – 67A Brunswick Street, Fitzroy VIC 3065
- Coolibah day centre Craigieburn – 440 Grand Boulevard, Craigieburn VIC 3064 (Newbury Child and Community Centre) Friday only
- Banksia Hub Frankston – 12 Inglis Avenue, Frankston Vic 3199
- Banksia Hub Carrum Downs – 65 Williams Road, Carrum Downs Vic 3201
Social support and respite (day services)
Our Coolibah social connections day centre offers following services:
- Health and wellness programs that promote vitality and enjoyment in life
- Online virtual programs providing access to those who cannot attend centre-based activities
- Group-based programs
- One on one individualised support
- Empowerment and personal growth programs
- Light refreshments provided
We offer overnight respite care, tailored to best fit your circumstances, in warm and welcoming surroundings, 7 days a week. We take the time to get to know you, understand your personal requirements and support you to make choices that give you peace of mind.
Activities during the day include art and music therapy, indoor bowls, games, gardening, outdoor leisure activities, friendship and much more.
For overnight respite, take a real break in 6 bed hotel-like accommodation with delicious and nutritious home cooked meals, a comfortable bed and our attentive staff on hand.
Offering respite care to the community for more than 30 years, we truly understand how difficult it can be to make the decisions that feel right for you and your family. We will support you through the process of making choices that suit your needs, and ease your transition in a number of ways:
Make an appointment
Let us take you on a tour through Banksia to get a feel for our services and discuss how we can best assist you.
Create a transition plan
Start with short-term stays and build to longer stays over time.
Build a support strategy
Allow us to build strategies to support you and your family member.
How to apply
We take the time to get to know you so that we can tailor our respite care services to suit your needs.
Call us on 1300 147 147 or complete the form below and we’ll be in touch to let you know how we can help.